Since it’s founding in 1995, Honey Creek has been, and continues to be, committed to providing a quality education experience that focuses on the whole child. The entire community, led by our talented Faculty and Administration, participates in creating a challenging and enriching environment that promotes critical-thinking skills, a positive self-image, and an appreciation and respect for diversity.
Our commitment to small, multi-age classrooms fosters strong relationships between students, teachers and parents, allows for multiple learning styles and enables each student to reach his or her potential.
- We believe that students learn and flourish with experiential, integrated, and thematic instruction.
- We believe that there are experts of all ages in our community who contribute to student learning.
- We believe that the development of cooperative learning strategies and the ability to work successfully as a team member are essential life skills.
- We believe that every individual is entitled to a respectful environment that is both physically and emotionally safe in which he or she can develop to his or her full potential.
- We believe that it is essential for children and their families to be active participants in students’ education, their school, and their community.
- We believe that celebrating academic, personal, and civic achievement promotes enthusiasm for learning and supports a positive self-image.