The Phoenix Rising Fundraising Committee is seeking donations for Honey Creek to enhance learning opportunities for our kids. As you know, financially, Honey Creek is at a significant disadvantage. Here are just a few of the facts about the current challenges facing our beloved little charter school:
- Charter schools receive $2980 less in public money per student than public schools*
- Lansing has cut per-pupil spending sharply over the last 4 years making it increasingly difficult to maintain Honey Creek’s unique small class sizes and individualized approach to learning
- Teachers/Administrators at Honey Creek earn less than their counterparts in public schools
- HCCS faces challenging times ahead as its budget forecasts shortfalls in revenue
Pledge your support with a regular donation to Honey Creek:
• Suggested amounts: $100, $50, or $25 per month (or any amount that fits your budget)
• 2 months, entire school year, or year-round – your choice, stop any time!
• Painless and secure setup – see the donation form for instructions on how to pledge
Make a one-time donation:
• Suggested amounts: $500, $250, or $100 (again, any amount is okay!)
• Cash-flow tight? You are not alone, and it is not a barrier to your ability to help!
• Your time, skills, and expertise can be every bit as valuable as a check to Honey Creek
• Visit the PTO website to learn about the many opportunities to get involved
• Tight Budget? No free time? You can still help!
• Contact your child’s room parent for a list of items that we really really need
Thanks for your time, your efforts, and your donations. Your contribution will help not only your children but their fellow students and the entire Honey Creek Community. Do your part to keep the “Community” in Honey Creek Community School, as we continue to improve our services to our children and our world.