Board Notes: February 2013
The Honey Creek Board of Trustees met on Wednesday, Wednesday January 23, 2013.
Fund Development Committee: Al Waters and Linda Knox will meet with three potential volunteers for board of the new fundraising foundation on 1/25/13. The board recognized the need to formalize the foundation soon such that 501c3 status can be completed and larger/long term fundraising opportunities may begin. Brian Hockley will schedule a focused meeting of the board to facilitate the process.
Strategy Committee: Al Waters reported that the faculty continues to work on the curriculum documents with those in language arts, math, and social studies near completion. These documents will provide incoming families a more cohesive idea of the HCCS curriculum and expectations.
- Al discussed school security. Student pick up and drop off will remain largely unchanged. Parents and visitors who remain in the main building or the modulars at any time from 9am thru 3pm will need to sign in and wear a visitor’s pass at all times.
-Parents are reminded to sign their child out of school if picking them up prior to the end of the school day.
- Al also reports that the enrollment meetings went very well and were well attended
- two middle school transition meetings are being scheduled with the 5th grade students/families.
- HCCS will have an administrative intern from UofM
- HCCS was awarded a $2500.00 technology readiness grant.
The board will have three members whose terms end this year. Kelly Krawcke will be sending out information via email with regards to nomination process and the election which will be held this May to fill those spots.
The complete board minutes are available on the HCCS Web site.
The Board will meet next on February 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm in the High Point reception room. All are welcome to attend.
HCCS Board Secretary